新东方网>沈阳新东方学校>综合能力>实用口语>正文

【口语】闭嘴你只会用shut up?看一下老外都是怎么说的

2018-08-07 08:04

来源:沈阳新东方

作者:小编

 想要休息,但宿舍太吵?看场电影,熊孩子太闹?如果环境迫使你要喊shut up,那么下面这篇文章对你一定有所用处。哪怕是shut up,也可以不重样。

  Put a sock in itimpolitely telling someone to stop talking or making a noise

  不客气地让某人安静

  Couldn't you put a sock in it? I'd love to do some work, but I can't in this noise.

  能不能把嘴闭上?你太吵了,我根本无法工作。

  Put a sock in it, there are people who are trying to sleep around here.

  别说话,有人正准备睡觉呢。

  Cork it / put a cork in ittelling someone to be quiet

  要求某人安静

  It's too late and we're fed up with your stories –cork it and go to sleep.

  夜已深,而且我们听够你的故事了——别讲了,睡吧。

  Don't you want to work instead of talking all the time? Cork it and take your tools.

  滔滔不绝地说废话,难道你不打算工作么?赶紧闭嘴拿上工具干活吧。

  Button ittelling someone rudely to be quiet

  粗鲁地让某人保持安静

  Button it, can't you? I'm trying to concentrate.

  闭上嘴,行吗?我正努力集中精力。

  If you don't button it, I'll get up and go away.

  你再不闭嘴,我就走了。

  Shut up / shut your pie holea rude way to tell someone to be quiet (pie hole = mouth /slang/)

  无礼地让某人安静(派口=嘴/俚语/)

  Shut your pie hole or I'll shut it for you!

  把嘴闭上,不然我就帮你闭上。

  Shut your pie hole and mind what you’re doing!

  闭嘴,看看你在做什么!

  Zip (up) your lip(s) / zip it upan informal way to tell someone to be quiet

  让他人安静的一种非正式说法

  Zip your lips, boys, and listen to me.

  孩子们,安静,听我说。

  We told her to be quiet, but she just couldn't zip it up.

  我们想让她安静,可她偏要讲话。

  Wind your neck ina rude way to tell someone to be quiet and/or calm down

  一种让人安/冷静的无礼说法

  Cool down, buddy, wind your neck in, you've made enough troubles already.

  冷静点,兄弟,少说几句,你惹的麻烦已经够多了。

  Wind your neck in and sit quiet, we've taken the wrong road due to your talking nonsense.

  少说几句吧,好好坐着。你的胡言乱语已经把我们带错路了。

  Simmer downcalm down after anger or excitement; an informal way to tell someone to cool down

  愤怒或兴奋后平静下来。让某人冷静的非正式表达

  Please don't shout, simmer down, there's no point in rejoicing yet.

  别大喊大叫,安静一点,这没有什么可庆祝的。

  Simmer down, guys, we’d better work first and make a party later.

  冷静点,弟兄们,我们最好干完活在庆祝。

  Pipe downan informal way to tell someone to stop talking and/or to make less noise

  让某人安静或减少噪音的一种非正式表达

  The teacher shouted at the kids to pipe down but all in vain, none of them stopped talking.

  虽然老师拼命让孩子们安静下来,但徒劳无功,大家依然叽叽喳喳说个不停。

  Will you tell your mates to pipe down? I can't work in this noise.

  能让你的伙伴小声一点么?我想做点事儿,但是噪音太大,做不了。

新东方沈阳学校官方微信:(微信号:xdfhhr123

最新报班优惠、课程大纲及课件,请扫描二维码,关注我们的官方微信!

焦点推荐

版权及免责声明

凡本网注明"稿件来源:新东方"的所有文字、图片和音视频稿件,版权均属新东方教育科技集团(含本网和新东方网) 所有,任何媒体、网站或个人未经本网协议授权不得转载、链接、转贴或以其他任何方式复制、发表。已经本网协议授权的媒体、网站,在下载使用时必须注明"稿件来源:新东方",违者本网将依法追究法律责任。

本网未注明"稿件来源:新东方"的文/图等稿件均为转载稿,本网转载仅基于传递更多信息之目的,并不意味着赞同转载稿的观点或证实其内容的真实性。如其他媒体、网站或个人从本网下载使用,必须保留本网注明的"稿件来源",并自负版权等法律责任。如擅自篡改为"稿件来源:新东方",本网将依法追究法律责任。

如本网转载稿涉及版权等问题,请作者见稿后在两周内速来电与新东方网联系,电话:010-60908555。

免费申请学习规划

已为29471位学员提供学习规划

*验证码

*短信验证码

400-024-0009

在线咨询